"I'm Going to start a New Year's Revolution"

Have you seen that commercial? The one where the little boy, so endearingly, mixes up his words and accidentally states that he will start a "New Year's Revolution" rather than a "New Year's Resolution." I just thought that was the cutest.

I have never really been into the whole "resolution" thing. I always figure you can make goals for yourself whenever you want, why wait for a roll-over of the calendar? And being an "Artist Type," I tend to have a lot of ideas but less-than-stellar follow-through ability. Well, this year I decided to do it. I wrote resolutions. I wrote them down in two places—my phone for easy access and my prayer journal for concrete proof. I even told one of my best friends about them (because when you tell someone about it, then you're really stuck with 'em). Some of them include memorizing a bible verse a week, buying less pop, reading through the whole Bible this year, and blogging.

Blogging is something I have thought about for quite a while, but I have never had the motivation to really put in the effort. When writing (as opposed to songwriting) my ideas usually come out pretty messy at first and require some organizing after typing them out (organizing not being one of my favorite tasks). But this year, I found myself overflowing with ideas, something that is not all that out-of-the-ordinary for my brain, being an avid over-thinker and dreamer. Usually I just throw all of these ideas into songs, but for some reason, these new ideas did not seem to lend themselves to songwriting, though I felt very compelled to communicate them to someone. All of a sudden, it dawned on me...

...blogging. 

Over this winter break, God has been impressing upon me that I need to start sharing the ideas he has given me. I'm not sure who will read this, if anyone, but I am trusting that as I walk in obedience, God will do the rest.

Although I do not plan on starting a "New Year's Revolution" per say, this "blogging" resolution does kind of make me feel empowered to share the Power and Presence of Christ I see in my life and I know that God does powerful things through the sharing of ideas and as we publicly tell of his Glory and Goodness in our lives. I hope that these little mini-sermons and "Glory Stories," as my Mom calls them, will bless you and resonate with your own walk with Jesus. I hope that they will help you see God's Glory and Goodness and Power and Grace in your own life. I also hope that you will find ways to share your own ideas and stories of God's Glory with people in your own life.
Psalm 71:15-18
"My Mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come" 
Psalm 40:3
"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."
I wish you all the best in your "New Year's Revolutions."


Comments

  1. sharon_daugherty@yahoo.comJanuary 2, 2014 at 5:47 PM

    Thank you Erin, I may need to do this very same thing! Today, I put my daughter on a flight to Tanzania where she teaches school. Two yrs. Now.pics on my facebook. We prayed at home prior to arriving at airline desk.She had 3 overweight bags , by 9 lbs. Our ck on computer with extra bag was $200, plus $100 for over 50 lbs each.Amer Air asked us for $75.00, could have been $500!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Anointing and Appointing

God is Not a Life Jacket